I started my 365 project this time last year as a way to take stock of my life and focus more on the good things and less on the challenges. Life isn't perfect, its not always sunshine and rainbows - but I've come to appreciate it more. In doing my 365 project over this year I've recognized how important the people in my life are to me, how little I actually need to be happy, how blessed I am to have been afforded the opportunities that I have in my life, and that "things" don't make me happier:
- I am so lucky to have my husband. He takes care of me and makes my dreams come true.
- The incredible love, support, and generosity of my family. They have given me so much.
- My dog Kona is the sweetest canine companion a gal could ever hope for. He's a loving, good natured soul who is always watching me and quick to accept hugs and belly rubs.
- Good friends who "get" me.
- I have everything that I truly need - a good home, good food, and nice clothes.
- I have never had to experience the ills of our world - famines, civil wars, natural disasters, evil dictators, suicide bombers.
- I am glad that I have good health insurance and a steady income during these times of economic troubles.
- I am fortunate to have the means to choose how I live.
- We have sinks and bathtubs and showers in our house that give us clean and hot water - it seems so simple but so many people in the world don't have these small luxuries.
- I have been able to experience natural and wild places. Nature is wondrous, inspiring, and perfect.
- Its been hard for me to swallow but I've learned to understand how finite life is and it makes me appreciate even more the time that I have now.
- I am happy to be living this life in this moment because its a pretty damn good one.